Sunday, February 18, 2007

great

Who is really the Mule?

The mule

A city boy, named Kenny, moved to the country and
bought a mule from an old farmer for $100.00.
The farmer agreed to deliver the mule the next day.

The next day the farmer drove up and said, "Sorry son,
but I have some bad news, the mule died."

Kenny replied, "Well, then, just give me my money back."

The farmer said, "Can't do that. I went and spent it already."

Kenny said, "Ok, then, just unload the mule."

The farmer asked, "What ya gonna do with him?"

Kenny, "I'm going to raffle him off."

Farmer, "You can't raffle off a dead mule!"

Kenny, "Sure I can. Watch me. I just won't tell anybody he is dead."

A month later the farmer met up with Kenny and asked,
"What happened with that dead mule?"

Kenny, "I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets at two dollars a piece."

Farmer, "Didn't anyone complain?"

Kenny, "Just the guy who won. So I gave him his two dollars
back that left me with a profit of $898."

Kenny grew up and eventually became the chairman of Enron.


BIRD WATCHING

A Mexican newspaper reports that bored Royal Air Force
pilots stationed on the Falkland Islands have devised what
they consider a marvelous new game.

Noting that the local penguins are fascinated by airplanes,
the pilots search out a beach where the birds are gathered
and fly slowly along it at the water's edge.

Perhaps ten thousand penguins turn their heads in unison
watching the planes go by, and when the pilots turn around
and fly back, the birds turn their heads in the opposite direction,
like spectators at a slow-motion tennis match.

Then, the paper reports, "The pilots fly out to sea and directly
to the penguin colony and over-fly it."

Heads go up, up, up, and ten thousand penguins fall over
gently onto their backs.

No comments: